Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Holiday Update

I don't think there are that many spoilers in here. But just in case, the following contains spoilers for X-Factor US, The Voice US, Smash, Sherlock, Pitch Perfect, Les Miserables and The Hobbit.

So what did I do for my holidays? SO glad you asked, NO ONE. Jk jk. I spent the marjority watching various films, catching up on television shows while eating a whole lot of junk.

I'll just say right now that my past year can be described and has been documented in movie tickets and polaroids.

  • X-Factor US. I wanted Carly to win. And I want her talent. But good on him!
  • The Voice US. It was an amazing season but I was really surprised by the last top three. And LOL WHO REMEMBERS HEY MONDAY?
  • Smash season 1. It's pretty good. Entertaining with amazing songs and great look at how musicals are made (if it's an accurate portrayal, I really wouldn't know). The personal drama near the end was irritating as hell though. Most of the characters I ended up just tolerating and there were times when I just sat there in disbelief at how ridiculous some of the conflict was (I'M LOOKING AT YOU UMA THURMAN AND PSYCHOTIC ASSISTANT GUY. Don't get me started on Ivy and Michael). Other then that I want Tom and Sam to be my sassy gay couple best friends forever and ever. 
  • Re-watched Sherlock BECAUSE WHY NOT. Ughh Benedict your face. And Martin Freeman your face. And Andrew YOUR FACE. Just stop it. Every time I watch each episode, my heart bursts with feels and then my head cannot compute all the feels and then everything within me just can't. Except for Blind Banker which is probably the weakest and most boring out of the whole series. BUT HEY Watson fighting the self serve machine while Sherlock beats an Arabian Knight (I really don't know what else to call him)
  • Pitch Perfect. As much as I adore and love Anna Kendrick and her spectacular voice, Rebel Wilson and creepy Asian girl were the stars in the film. Every one liner just set everyone into hysterics. Also loves the mash ups and Breakfast Club referencing AND ANNA KENDRICK CAN I HAVE YOUR DJ EQUIPMENT AND THEN TEACH ME? Be my sarcastic witty best friend please. Btw I know the Cup Song. Maybe I'll post a video of me doing it one day...
  • Les Miserables. I've seen the 10th AND the 25th anniversary stage editions so I was prepared in comparison to my non-musical friends. I loved it. At first I wasn't too into Hugh Jackman's tone for the role because I was so used to Alfie  Boe's tenor to just blow my away by it's....BAM-ness (idk....) but it was better as it went on. WHEN COB WILSON CAME ON AS THE PASTOR I FREAKED BUT NO ONE ELSE KNEW. Samantha Barks as Eponine was divine. I adore her version of Eponine, a very close second only to legendary Lea Salonga. Marius was awesome apart from his head shake every time he did a virbrato thing (which is hard to control, I understand). I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the vocals by Amanda Seyfried and Russel Crowe, especially the latter. But they both hit notes and went places I never expected them to and it was very very lovely. But I have to say ALL AWARDS GO TO MISS ANNE FUCKING HATHAWAY. She made me tear up everytime she came on screen. Don't make that face, please don't cry, DON'T DIE, COME BACK. Her performance was so heartfelt and raw and emotional and the amount of emotional through acting AND singing just MADE her Fantine. 
  • The Hobbit. Enjoyed it immensely more than the whole LOTR trilogy. Which would be expected because I watch ALL three with THREE ADDITIONAL HOURS of extended footage in one sitting. This had a lighter and more humorous tone which makes sense because a friend told me the novel was more child-friendly. The action scenes were damn amazing and the FORESHADOWING and things leading up to the old trilogy made me genuinely happy and glad I watched them beforehand. Martin Freeman = Everything good in the world. I really look forward to the next two. 

And so I wish everyone a Happy New Year. Let's hope it will be better than the last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment