Thursday, November 29, 2012

Community

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've been busy with personal matters and being lazy. I'll be honest, I spent most of the past couple of days playing Pokemon Gold while watching three whole seasons of Community for the first time. If I wasn't reviewing each episode and each chapter like I do here, I'd probably be done with most of the series because that's how much of a life I don't have and how much I love good television. I watch in bulk.

Maybe I'm just going to do that from now on. If I want to watch another episode, I'll do it. I'll probably get into it and watch at least 8 per day. I'd upload one at a time or something and video record each one but not upload every vidblog.

Anyways. The real purpose behind this post (before I got ramble-y up there) was to discuss Community. My God I am so ashamed I did not get into this sooner. It's brilliant on all levels! It's like a pop culture candy land which I have devoured all of. By the end of the first episode of season 1, I realised I was a mild version of Abed.

I probably should do this in dot point form to get it all out:

  • THE BEAUTY OF META AND GLORIOUS WRITING AND DIRECTION AND POP CULTURE REFERENCES. 
  • Top episodes:
  • Every single paintball episode. I want those guns. Are they available (or even legal) in Australia? If so, it's high on my Christmas list next to nerf guns (please)
  • Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas was a mix between ridiculous, hilarious, heartbreaking and amazing. Just the animation was priceless along with the songs. P.S. PIERCE IS A TEDDY BEAR
  • Epidemiology. Look guys, I just love comedic zombies. Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead are some of my favourite movies. So this episode was Halloween crack for me. Especially since we don't celebrate Halloween as much as I like in Australia. 
  • Cirriculum Unavailable. I solely liked this episode because I almost fell for the fact that they were all in a mental institution because it is such a LOGICAL EXPLANATION. But thank god it wasn't. 
  • The First Chang Dynasty was just so ridiculous. I loved it from beginning to end. The classic looking like they got caught but that was part of the plan. Chang's growing insanity. The group working together to complete something so ridiculous. 
  • Digital Estate Planning. Good lord bless these writers. Everytime they spoof or homage something through the layout of the episode, I cry of happiness and the birth of puppies peak. Taking on video games, making Abed find his true love in an avatar and WHY IS GIANCARLO ESPOSITO EVIL IN EVERY TELEVISION SERIES HE IS IN?
  • Basic Lupine Urology. BEST SPOOF EVER. Troy and Abed just make me wish I had two bromantic friends. 
  • Remedial Chaos Theory is probably one of my most favourite episodes in general television. I am in love with infinite parallel/alternate universe theories. The fact that it was this show that pulled it off so well...it just makes me happy.

  • General:
  • Abed + Troy = One of the top bromances
  • Pierce is always giving me conflicting emotions. One moment he's obliviously offensive, then he's a sad old man and then I want to strangle him for being so....JIFNVJSIDNGJENG. 
  • Jeff. I sort of don't ship him with anyone. I really don't like the idea of him and Annie because it just seems.....nyehhh. No likey. I used to go for Britta but then I just got tired of that thought and went along with their awesome childish banter.
  • OH Britta and Troy. I'm all for it. They're both adorably stupid in their own way.
  • There's a lot of continuity in the show but if you jumped into the series mid-season, you wouldn't be left out. 
  • Abed and Troy's handshake and catchphrase/morning show thing
  • I equate their Dreamatorium with Spongebob and Patrick's Idiot box
  • It's like a combination of some of my favourite sitcoms: Seinfeld, Happy Endings, How I Met Your Mother and some other ones I can't think of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment