Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Game of Thrones - Prologue

So the prologue launches us straight into the still vague world of Game of Thrones. I still don't know where it's set or what the name of the world is but I do know that it is FREEZING. 

So is Winter coming or is it here or has it just passed? Because from what I'm reading it seems pretty wintery already. So if that's just the ordinary terrain or environment, then that sucks for them when Winter REALLY hits. The weather right now is harsh and barely survivable as frostbite is the best outcome it seems.

I like how I'm still very confused but am able to keep up with what just happened. You get a feel of the setting and a lot of background on the characters considering how they only lived for a chapter.

OH YEAH. ABOUT THAT. THEY ALL DIED. AND IN THE MOST CONFUSING MANNER THAT MAKES  A NOOB LIKE ME GO “WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?”. What the hell were those white people, why are they killing and what do they want?????

The sudden and horrific deaths of what seemed to be important characters by the end of the prologue is hinting that anyone could die at anytime and in the most MYSTERIOUS WAY POSSIBLE. FORESHADOWING? Or I'm just trying to take ANYTHING I can from this chapter?

Gotta say I didn’t mind Royce dying...he seemed really arrogant and disregarded the advice from his most experienced....soldiers? Would you call them soldiers? I don’t know. I was really rooting for Will and Gared. Is it pronounced like Jared or not? MILA HELP ME WITH THIS PART!

So I'm on board so far with this, as vague and non-indicative this chapter was for me. In the future I might do multiple chapters in one because of the length of the book and chapters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment