Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sons of Anarchy S01E02 Seeds

Wait. I just got the title of this episode.

I realised that the first episode, as most pilots, was to introduce. Introduce characters, clubs, situations, Charming etc. And it was interesting. This episode, however, probably included a lot of "seeds" details that will become important later in the series. Some more obvious than others.

The first being Hal wanting to take over as Chief policeman in order to bring the Sons down and to modernise the town. By the way I'm totally falling for disliking his character despite the fact that he's just trying to do the right thing and a good job. I mean, he's a cop for Christ's sake. He's SUPPOSED to go after clubs like the Sons who are committing criminal activity, with the aid of corrupt police no less. But my god he's just annoying and in the way.

Then there's Tig who is creepy yet likable. His "seed" was in the two burnt bodies from the pilot (which I still cringe from everytime I see them) and was going to get the Sons in real big trouble if they traced his DNA back to him and the club which would connect them to the guns depot. This whole situation is one big catalyst for drama: discovery of the alliance between Nords and Mayans, their location be destroyed and investigated by police and finding their place in society being threatened by a whole lot of people when they're in the middle of rebuilding.

What do they mean by rebuilding by the way? Are they talking about the literal rebuilding of another depot or something? I have a lot to catch up on....

There's also the case of Opie and his family troubles. Which I sort of don't care about that much right now, no matter how adorable and helpless he is. He wants back in but feels guilty for going to jail because of his participation with the group while leaving his wife to deal with kids and bills. I get that and the fact that they are struggling to make ends meet ever since he left. But it's a meh sub storyline for me so far.

The other storyline which I don't know how to feel about is Donna. What is she and Sam hiding from Jax about his father? Her intimidation of every female she comes in contact with makes me really uncomfortable which I think I'm supposed to feel.


  • I didn't like the fact that they just promised a guy a chance to sleep with the girl without asking or considering what she wanted at all. Granted, she was up for it after sleeping with Jax. But still. Ew and no.
  • The convenience store scene. Goddamnit. I warned them like a push over mum and what happened? A guy actually gets an axe to his head. LIKE HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE? DOES IT? faojnvjsfnasfnjdvn
  • I love Half Sack and Juice. They're adorable and funny and feel more innocent for some reason. 
  • Wendy's alive. There's that.
  • Chibs' accent.
  • "I'll gut them dead bitches. I'll flush their bellies with bleach, no DNA."   "What kind of nasty shit did your mama do to you?"     "What do you mean?"  HOW IS THIS SOMEHOW TERRIFYING YET ENDEARING? Tig, you enigma, you.
  • Dinner scene at the end was too happy. I can just hear someone turn on the switch of the metaphorical, death-like fan and someone preparing to throw the shit at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment