Friday, November 30, 2012

Special Announcement!

Hey non existent readers! I have some awesome and potentially dangerous news.

Next Thursday (Australia/future time), I am holding a Lord of the Rings marathon at my place with a bunch of friends in honour of The Hobbit coming out!

I've calculated and see that it is 9 hours and 18 minutes....not including extended scenes and footage that my friends have and we are going to watch. So this will be taxing day, whether it be on my health or emotional state or my mental state.

I'll try to figure out how to record my reactions in one form or another in order to do a full out review afterwards.

So here is my knowledge of Lord of the Rings (which is mainly made up of singular words and pronouns):

  • Elijah Wood = Frodo
  • His friend's name is Sam? Which is a weirdly normal name for this universe. I mean...his best friend's name is Frodo...
  • There are two other guys and one of them plays Charlie from Lost
  • They're hobbits which are different from dwarfs
  • Middle Earth
  • New Zealand
  • Gandalf
  • Sauron?
  • Ring that has weird writing inside and does stuff and is significant
  • Evil Dobby named Golem
  • "My precious....."
  • Orlando Bloom
  • There's a lot of walking and journeying through New Zealand  Middle Earth
  • Btw is Middle Earth the name of the whole universe or just the name of one specific section in the universe? See, I have the same problem with Game of Thrones. Is Winterfell the whole universe or just one region? DON'T ANSWER THAT
This looks like I know a lot (to me it does) but I'm just saying words that I've heard around everywhere. Because...you know...I live under a well informed rock. So here are predictions:
  • People die
  • The ring gets destroyed at the very end. It has to be right? That's the whole point of the whole franchise?
  • There's an evil force that want's the ring for evil purposes? Because they're evil?
Yeah that's all. I don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment